- A typical Shopify website with average functionality costs around $3,000 to $6,000 to build. This includes website hosting, professionally written content, a five-field contact form, and eCommerce website design accommodating 30 products16.
- A full-fledged eCommerce Shopify website with a stellar design and outstanding features costs somewhere between $7,000 to $12,000. This includes website hosting, product catalog, and improved design quality and additional functionalities such as an advanced eCommerce checkout1.
- Other established Shopify agencies can cost between $5,000 and $20,000, depending on the scope of the work24.
- Basic Shopify web design services start around $500 to $1,000 for basic ala carte Shopify graphics or template creation. Most established Shopify design agencies’ costs will range from $5,000 – $20,000 for a custom-designed Shopify website4.
- The amount of upfront website costs will depend on the amount of features businesses want to offer their website visitors. A basic Shopify website will usually cost $3,500 to $5,000, and will generally include a professionally designed eCommerce website structure that can accommodate up to 25 products, a basic five-field contact form, one year of website hosting, and up to 10 pages of professionally written content6.
In summary, the cost of building a Shopify website depends on the complexity, features, and functionality needed. It can range from $3,000 to $20,000 or more, depending on the scope of the work and the level of customization required.