- Check the URL: Shopify stores will always have .myShopify.com in the URL (e.g. example.myshopify.com).
- Look for the Shopify logo: Another way to tell if a site is using Shopify is to look for the Shopify logo in the footer of the site. This is usually located at the bottom of the page, and will say “Powered by Shopify”.
- Inspect the HTML code: You can inspect the HTML code of the website and look for specific HTML comments that Shopify adds to the code.
- Use a browser extension: You can use a browser extension such as Shopify Theme Detector or What Shopify Theme Is That to detect if a website is using Shopify.
- Use an online tool: You can use an online tool such as TinyIMG, Sitely Pro, Koala Apps, or Avada Commerce’s Shopify Theme Detector to find out what Shopify theme a website is using.
In summary, to tell what Shopify theme a website is using, you can check the URL, look for the Shopify logo, inspect the HTML code, use a browser extension, or use an online tool. Follow the instructions provided by the method you choose to detect the theme.