- Check the URL: Shopify stores will always have .myShopify.com in the URL (e.g. example.myshopify.com)123.
- Look for the Shopify logo: Another way to tell if a site is using Shopify is to look for the Shopify logo in the footer of the site. This is usually located at the bottom of the page, and will say “Powered by Shopify”1.
- Check for popular Shopify features: There are certain features that are unique to Shopify stores. These include things like a “Shop Now” button on the home page, a search bar in the header of the site, an “Add to Cart” button on product pages, and a “Checkout” button in the shopping cart1.
- Inspect the HTML code: You can inspect the HTML code of the website and look for specific HTML comments that Shopify adds to the code6.
- Use a browser extension: You can use a browser extension such as Shopify Theme Detector or What Shopify Theme Is That to detect if a website is using Shopify5.
In summary, to tell if a website is using Shopify, you can check the URL, look for the Shopify logo, check for popular Shopify features, inspect the HTML code, or use a browser extension. Follow the instructions provided by the method you choose to detect if a website is using Shopify.