- A typical Shopify website with average functionality costs around $3,000 to $6,000 to build. This includes website hosting, professionally written content, a five-field contact form, and eCommerce website design accommodating 30 products16.
- Other established Shopify agencies can cost between $5,000 and $20,000, depending on the scope of the work2.
- For basic Shopify web design services, expect most agencies to start around $500 to $1,000 for basic ala carte Shopify graphics or template creation. Most established Shopify design agencies’ costs will range from $5,000 – $20,000 for a custom-designed Shopify website4.
- The costs associated with building a Shopify website include monthly Shopify subscription fees, which range from $29.99/mo. for “Basic” to $299.99/mo. for “Advanced Shopify.” Other costs include payment gateway fees, digital marketing and advertising, and recurring website maintenance costs2.
- The amount of upfront website costs will depend on the amount of features required. A basic Shopify website will usually cost $3,500 to $5,000, and will generally include a professionally designed ecommerce website structure that can accommodate up to 25 products, a basic five-field contact form, one year of website hosting, and up to 10 pages of professionally written content6.
In summary, the cost of building a Shopify website can range from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the scope of the work and the features required. It’s important to evaluate the specific needs and goals of the business and adjust the budget accordingly.