- Check your DNS settings: If your website is not loading or is showing an error message, it may be due to incorrect DNS settings. Check that your A Record is pointing to Shopify’s IP address, which is 126.96.36.1991.
- Publish your website: If you have recently created your Shopify store, make sure that you have published it. When you first create a Shopify store, it is not automatically published2.
- Clear your cache and cookies: Clearing your cache and cookies can help resolve loading or formatting issues on your website. Follow the instructions provided by your browser to clear your cache and cookies5.
- Check for Shopify outages: If your website is not working and you have ruled out DNS settings and cache issues, check the Shopify status page or Downdetector to see if there are any reported outages4.
- Contact Shopify support: If you have tried the above steps and your website is still not working, contact Shopify support for further assistance136.
In summary, if your Shopify website is not working, you can check your DNS settings, publish your website, clear your cache and cookies, check for Shopify outages, or contact Shopify support. Follow the instructions provided by the method you choose to troubleshoot the issue.