- Sign up for a Shopify account: To create a marketplace on Shopify, sign up for an account with Shopify. If you don’t already have a Shopify account, you can start a free trial on Shopify5.
- Install a marketplace app: Install a marketplace app to create the marketplace on top of Shopify’s system. Some popular marketplace apps include ShipTurtle, Multi Vendor Marketplace, and Webkul5.
- Set up your Shopify store: Once you have installed the marketplace app, set up your Shopify store. This includes providing the information needed in the prompts that appear5.
- Customize your marketplace: Customize your marketplace by adding products, vendors, and payment options. You can also customize the look and feel of your marketplace by choosing a theme and customizing it to your liking2.
- Use Shopify’s Marketplace Kit: Shopify’s Marketplace Kit provides a collection of APIs and documentation that allows you to integrate with Shopify and build selected commerce features or a world-class marketplace on any surface. This includes APIs for developing, maintaining, and growing commerce on your platform, pre-written code snippets for merchant setup, product listings, and more, and step-by-step tutorials to help you ship faster3.
- Work with a Shopify Plus Partner: If you need help developing your marketplace app, you can work with a Shopify Plus Partner. Shopify Plus Partners are experts in building custom Shopify apps and can help you develop your marketplace app1.
In summary, to create a marketplace website on Shopify, you need to sign up for a Shopify account, install a marketplace app, set up your Shopify store, customize your marketplace, use Shopify’s Marketplace Kit, and work with a Shopify Plus Partner if needed. The cost of building a Shopify marketplace can vary depending on the scope of the work and the features required.