- Optimize images and videos by compressing and merging them to reduce their size125.
- Choose proper fonts and use system fonts instead of custom fonts12.
- Use a lightweight and fast theme234.
- Choose Hero layout over carousels and sliders2.
- Fix redirects and broken links to minimize the number of HTTP requests4.
- Lazy load images below the fold to improve page load speed2.
- Host videos externally to reduce the load on your server2.
- Replace GIFs with static images to reduce page load time2.
In summary, to increase the speed of a Shopify website, you can optimize images and videos, choose proper fonts, use a lightweight and fast theme, use Shopify apps effectively, fix redirects and broken links, lazy load images, host videos externally, and replace GIFs with static images. By following these tips, you can improve your website’s speed and provide a better user experience for your customers.